Is there a mechanism for suggesting a package to be added toports?

Anders Hanssen anders at wax.nu
Thu Sep 2 05:37:32 PDT 2004

Hi Simon!

* "Simon Barner" <barner at in.tum.de>:
> what a nice tool! I created a port for it, but I did not test it on
> FreeBSD 4.x. Could you please do that for me and tell me how it works?

On a 4.9-STABLE box it compiles and installs fine with the attached
patch-aa, but only if I use a newer g++ than the stock (2.95.4). I used g++
3.2.3.

With 2.95 I got an error when compiling some template stuff in
Cxx-API/include/Synopsis/Python/Object.hh, plus it got confused about struct
sigaction and sigaction(2). Have no time to investigate the template
problem, but the sigaction problem is solved with patch-ab. In addition, it
needs patch-ac to include <algorithm> before using std::remove() and
std::find() in Cxx-API/src/Path-posix.cc.

--
Anders