Rules du jour

David du SERRE-TELMON david at xinus.net
Sun Nov 14 11:40:03 PST 2004

Hi all,

First, thanks to Chris (cmt-spamassassin at someone.dhs.org) for the great
script Rules du jour and to Michael (mranner at inode.at) for maintening
the FreeBSD port.

Rules du jour doesn't work with SpamAssassin 3.x because of different
sanitity checks add with SA3.
After adding the new rules with Rules du jour, SA complains about errors
in the syntax of the rules :
- description is over 50 chars
- description exists for non-existent rule
- score set for non-existent rule

I think these warnings can be safely ignored. This can be done by
updating the SA Perl parser and disable the call of the function lint_check.

cd PERL_DIR/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf
if cat Parser.pm | \
sed s/' $self->lint_check();'/' #$self->lint_check();'/ > \
Parser.pm.tmp; then
   rm -f Parser.pm; mv Parser.pm.tmp Parser.pm
fi

On my system, PERL_DIR = /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1

I think, this tip should be add in the README file of Rule du Jour and
in the port of Rule du jour. This change the code of SA, I don't think
we could

Also, this message is for Chris, it could be a good idea to add this
rule in the default script :

http://maxime.ritter.eu.org/Spam/french_rules.cf

This rules wrote by Maxime Ritter (airmax at netlibre@info) are really good
for detected the french spam and are weekly updated.

This one is also very good for all spams :

http://maxime.ritter.eu.org/Spam/airmax.cf

Kind regards,

David