Thunderbird 0.9 and copying messages to IMAP mailboxes

Sebastian Schulze Struchtrup sebastian at struchtrup.de
Tue Nov 9 11:39:56 GMT 2004

Florian Le Goff wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Since my upgrade to thunderbird 0.9 (FreeBSD-ports package version
> thunderbird-0.9_2), I can't send a mail using an imap mailbox without
> errors.
>
>  Each time, the mail is sent without any problem, but the popup window
> "Sending Messages" will stay at status "Copying message to Sent
> folder" for several minutes : the message *is* copied to the right
> place, but the process won't exit :/ Pressing Cancel is not an answer;
> Thunderbird will propose to save it as a Draft... and....
>
>  I encounter the same bug with " File -> Save As -> Draft " (Draft is
> another IMAP Mailbox). Not in the Windows's 0.9 build.
>
>  Does anybody have the same behaviour ?

Everything works fine for me.
Thunderbird 0.9 built from ports with IMAP.

Sometimes there are some strange problems when upgrading
firefox/thunderbird/mozilla.
Try to delete your ~/.thunderbird/<profile>/compreg.dat or, if this
won't help, the whole profile.
But compreq.dat seems to be enough. It will be rebuilt during the next
startup and you won't loose anything.
Or have you  already done this?
This was not neccessary for me for 0.8->0.9, but for 0.7->0.8