ports/66740: [MAINTAINER] security/f-prot-sig: update to 20040517

Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com
Thu May 20 11:40:57 PDT 2004

Mark Linimon wrote:
> The last time we discussed these fields I was of the opinion that
> we should try to get people to use these fields correctly.  But
> having seen that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of PRs
> with all manner of settings of these fields, I now have changed
> my mind and think these fields should just be dropped.

In general, "severity" and "priority" fields are next-to-useless.  The
customer always wants the problem fixed yesterday, so tends to give everything
a high severity, while they have very little context to know what the
priority should be.  I've only ever found such fields useful when they
are only visible internally and are used as guides by the people responsible
for the PRs.

My $.02, from my _extensive_ experience in this area. :-)
--
Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/