ports/66740: [MAINTAINER] security/f-prot-sig: update to 20040517

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu May 20 11:22:44 PDT 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Florent Thoumie wrote:

> 	The Problem Report is marked non-critical with low priority.
>
> 	I think you should have used other choices.

Speaking only for myself, I now completely ignore the values in
these fields, because they are are almost universally misused.
If you browse the PR database, you'll be stunned by what people
consider to be critical and high priority.

The last time we discussed these fields I was of the opinion that
we should try to get people to use these fields correctly.  But
having seen that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of PRs
with all manner of settings of these fields, I now have changed
my mind and think these fields should just be dropped.

The only other choice would be to have someone go through and audit
them, but IMHO that effort in the PR database would be better
spent closing PRs than managing them.

mcl