ports subtree dependencies checking

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Tue May 18 08:58:55 PDT 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004 15:45:15 +0400 (MSD)
Dmitry Morozovsky <marck at rinet.ru> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> as all of you knows, keeping up to date thw whole ports tree involves
> tremendous number of disk operation per cvs/cvsup. So, I use small script to
> keep up-to date rather small set of ports (less than 1000, comparing to 10k+
> total ports in the tree).
>
> Sometimes this leads to broken dependencies (e.g., when tracked port becomes
> dependent on some new port, or when dependency port moves). The latter case
> partially can be covered by tracking MOVED file, the former can not.
>
> Previously, `make index' would complaint about missing dependencies, so these
> ports can be caught. Now, with INDEX_JOBS parallel index building, these errors
> are hidden in the process.
>
> Looking through Mk/bsd.port.mk (scaring process, BTW ;-) does not enlight me
> enough.

Look for INDEX_JOBS and PRISTINE if you don't what parallel jobs.

You could also use ``-s'' flag for cvsup which will greatly reduce the
IO and speed up cvsup process. But run it from time to time without it,
so that you can be sure you have all the files in sync.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"