Fw: cyrus-sasl-1.5.28_2 install error

Thomas Abthorpe thomas at stthomasanglican.org
Wed Mar 24 08:32:41 PST 2004

Good morning.

I originally sent this to freebsd-maintainer at westbend.net, only to find that the address is no longer current.

I just recently installed cyrus-sasl 1.5 on a Freebsd 5.1-REALEASE-p16 i386 system, and the script /usr/local/etc/rc.d/saslauthd1.sh has the follow line that is incorrect

saslauthd1_flags=${saslauthd1_flags:-"-a pam}

(Line 22 in my scipt)

when run as is yields

saslauthd1.sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

When I close the quote after pam, all is fine.

Thanks for your time and attention to the matter.

Thomas
believed to be clean.

Postmaster
http://www.stthomasanglican.org