FreeBSD Port: oidentd-2.0.7

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 17 00:33:40 PST 2004

Hi,

>>>>> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:22:01 -0800
>>>>> takeda3 at netzero.net (takeda3) said:

takeda3> After looking around I noticed that oidentd to look for ipv4 addresses
takeda3> uses: kern.proc.all but for ipv6 net.inet6.tcp6.getcred.

takeda3> Looks like net.inet6.tcp6.getcred is accessible only by root, isn't
takeda3> possible to get enough informations using kern.proc.all?

It's odd.  We can use kern.proc.all for an IPv6 as well.
Recently, I ported pidentd 3.0.16 to FreeBSD.  Since, pidentd 3.X runs
without root privilege, and getcred sysctl is accessible only for
root, I choose to see kern.proc.all.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  h-umemoto at hitachi-system.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/