PORTREVISION bump, how deep should I go?

Edwin Groothuis edwin at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 7 17:11:03 PST 2004

Hello,

With regarding to ports/57475, it does do a version bump of libsdl.so.
With regarding to the ports depending on this one, what should I do?

- PORTVERSION change for devel/sdl12, that's enough
- PORTREVISION bump for all ports directly depending on devel/sdl12
  (with grepping for USE_SDL)
- PORTREVISION bump for all ports depending on devel/sdl12 (based
  on grepping INDEX for sdl12)
- PORTREVISION bump for all ports depending on devel/sdl12, even
  if they are hidden behind a HAVE_SDL
- PORTREVISION bump for all ports in the tree

Personally, for me the first option is enough (and portupgrade
should do the trick anyway), I wouldn't find figuring out for option
two, but then I know that option three and/or option four is more
reasonable then. Options five is useless there but just to complete,
I don't think too many people who are in the right state of mind
would suggest that one anyway.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org