Apache - lynx not found

Hermes Trismegistus hermes at trismegistus.net
Sun Jun 13 06:04:44 GMT 2004

This is not so much a apache port question as it is a apache httpd.conf
question. You do *not* need lynx to make your apache web server work. You
*do* need lynx if you want to look at the status, using the apachectl
status command, for your web server. In order to see your status, you must
set this function up in the httpd.conf file, and, as stated earlier, have
lynx installed. If your apache server is not starting up with reboot, then
you have an apache issue that must be dealt with. Try doing some reading on
running an apache server. It will make this clearer for you

Cheers,

J. Craig Woods
UNIX/Linux Network/System Administration
http://www.trismegistus.net/resume.htm
Entropy requires no maintenance.