Apache - lynx not found

Rob Clark robclarkNOSPAM at tds.net
Sun Jun 13 03:43:30 GMT 2004

Hello,

After upgrading ports and sources today apache failed to
start on reboot.  And yes, apache is enabled in rc.conf as
required.

apache_enable="YES"

I got the following after reboot:

$ apachectl status
lynx: not found

If lynx is required by apache, why doesn't updating ports
retrieve this dependency?

I installed lynx.
then:
shutdown -r now

after reboot:
$ apachectl status
                                   Not Found

   The requested URL /server-status was not found on this
server.

So installing lynx gets apache running, but I still don't
understand why updating ports wouldn't catch the dependency.
And, is apache running as expected?

Version I'm using:
apache-1.3.31_1     The extremely popular Apache http
server.  Very fast, very $

Willing to provide my updating ports script if needed.

Regards,
Rob