FreeBSD Port: p5-Net-Netmask-1.9011

JJB Barbish3 at adelphia.net
Mon Jun 7 14:44:52 GMT 2004

Lars

This morning after an restful sleep I did some detailed research
into the problem of my production scripts that use netmask. The
scripts in question are part of my "Proactive Probing Abuse
Reporting System" which is run as part of the FreeBSD nightly cron
management reports system.  I have other scripts that use netmask so
I ran one of those and it worked, so I knew that the problem was not
4.10 wide. I then added some debug displays to the script in
question and traced the problem back to the file that contains an
list of IP address to be excluded. The last record was an blank. The
person who monitors the  "Proactive Probing Abuse Reporting System"
had added an IP address to the  exclude file and left an blank line
at the end. I corrected the problem in the file and added code to
the script to drop blank lines while reading.

So in conclusion, the netmask problem was my problem and not an
4.10/perl problem.

The other problem with perl -MCPAN -e shell  still looks like an
4.10/perl problem. I will submit an PR on this.

Thanks for your support.