FreeBSD Port: p5-Net-Netmask-1.9011

JJB Barbish3 at adelphia.net
Mon Jun 7 01:55:53 GMT 2004

Lars

Thanks for the heads up that you fixed p5-Net-Netmask.

But I have bad news. It did not fix the problem totally. It got rid
of the error message about warning, but now I get msg "could not
parse"  pointing to this line in my perl script  $t=new
Net::Netmask($value);

Let me state the circumstances again.

I was running 4.9 stable with what ever perl version that comes with
it, and had done pkg_add -r  p5-Net-Netmask  and my scripts that use
netmask were working just fine. They are stable and have not been
touched in any way. 6/2/04 I installed 4.10 stable from downloaded
cdrom1.iso file and redid  pkg_add -r  p5-Net-Netmask,  that is when
I reported the original problem about the error message warning.
After receiving your email that you had fixed the problem I checked
and saw the package was not updated so today I installed the port
version and now I am getting the "could not parse"  message.

As side info, today in the questions list there was an post from an
new 4.10 user who lost all his -cpan modules during source upgrade
and can not get  "perl -MCPAN -e shell" to work.  This is the same
problem I reported to you I was having with cpan.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but early indications
point to an problem with the configuration of perl in the new 4.10
stable release.

Please take the necessary steps to notify the correct people who
have authority to look into this problem and correct it. I just hope
it does not take an 4.10.1 stable release to correct it, or an
mandatory install of the perl port.

Please keep me informed as to what is happening so I can test any
fixes and report back.

Thanks
Joe