OpenOffice will be updated soon

Nakata Maho chat95 at mac.com
Thu Jul 29 21:45:47 PDT 2004

Dear OpenOffice.org freaks,

I'll update OpenOffice.org port soon.

/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-1.1
   -> OpenOffice.org 1.1.2
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-1.1-devel
   -> OpenOffice.org 1.1.3 (developer ver. cws_srx645_ooo113fix2,
  checkout at 2004/7/29 16:00 JST)

o remove some obsolated description in Makefile (We don't test
  OOo under earlier than 5, we need maintainer)
o have separated mozilla Makefile (since Makefile itself is too long).
o Remove default LANG setting and CJK enhancement.
  -> Changes in OOo should be minimal.
o Remove GIF LZW patent patch. GIF patent is expired all around the world.
o Build process of OOo will be changed drastically, to reduce
  the amount of time for building localized packages
  (33 localized langs total)
  I'm not sure localized ports may work or not at the moment.
  formerly, building OOo took 5.5h with ccache, 5.2.1-RELEASE
  and Pentium M 1.6. So full 33 localized build took 33*5.5h!
  However, now once all localized build have done (take 6h),
  other build will end in 5 min.

o build process:

 o make OOo package for English version with solver and sdk
   make WITH_CCACHE=yes package package-rename solver sdk deinstall clean

 o make OOo localized package (change LOCALIZED_LANG=XX to build your
   fav. lang, see files/Makefile.local for XX)

   make LOCALIZED_LANG=ja WITH_CCACHE=yes package package-rename deinstall

 o make all localized packages

   make ALL_LOCALIZED_LANGS=yes
    -> builds all language at once (but do not install anything!)
   make TWEAK_L10N=yes LOCALIZED_LANG=ja pre-everything
   make LOCALIZED_LANG=ja    WITH_CCACHE=yes package package-rename deinstall
    -> make japanese localized package(TWEAK_L10N=yes is important. cheats)
   make TWEAK_L10N=yes LOCALIZED_LANG=ar pre-everything
   make LOCALIZED_LANG=ar    WITH_CCACHE=yes package package-rename deinstall

o status of these ports : http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/

Packages are available for 5.2.1-RELEASE and 4.10-STABLE
o http://oootranslation.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/ooomisc/FreeBSD/

Target of platform is FreeBSD/i386 5.2.1-RELEASE.

Feedbacks are appreciated.
--nakata maho