2 PHP Questions

Gerard Samuel fbsd-ports at trini0.org
Sun Jul 25 15:21:14 PDT 2004

Normally I use the Apache module when installing php.  Today, I decided to to
try the cgi (php5-cgi) on a dev box, and noticed that the port didn't modify
apache's config file, like how the module (php5) port does.
1.  Am I supposed to manually enable support in apache's config file, or is
    this an oversight/or soon to come in an update?

I noticed that the php config file /usr/local/etc/php.ini only contains the
extensions (that I installed via the port php-extensions).
2.  Is this going to be the new format of the php.ini file for FreeBSD's php
    port,  (instead of including all the php.ini options)?
Reason why Im asking is because for example, magic_quotes_gpc is supposed to
be off by default (or recommended to be off as stated in
php.ini-recommended), but is on in the new port setup.

Thats it for now.
Thanks