Are files and directories mandatory in pkg-plist ?

Oliver Eikemeier eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com
Tue Jul 20 11:00:59 PDT 2004

Adam Weinberger wrote:

>>> (07.20.2004 @ 0726 PST): Oliver Eikemeier said, in 1.5K: <<
>> [...]
>> It depends. While I would strongly prefer a solution where you list the
>> files as `owned' by the package, but when there is no way to make this
>> work you could just embed them as ignored files and call ocamlfind
>> install/remove from pkg-install/pkg-deinstall.
>
> Wouldn't that prevent package creation?

Uhm, no, that is what @ignore_inst is designed for. But I would not
advise to play with it: AFAIK no port uses this feature, so I'm not sure
if it is supported. I have to admit that I did not try whether it even
works, but by looking at the code it should.

Anyway, teaching ocamlfind to leave the installed files alone seems like
the preferred solution to me...

-Oliver