[HEADS UP] PHP mega-commit

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Tue Jul 20 07:29:14 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 16:05, Patrick Oonk wrote:

> Then I try a 'portinstall /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions'.
>
> # portinstall /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions
> ** No such installed package nor such port called
> '/usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions' is found.

You need to rebuild your INDEX first.

> Ok, another try. I go to: /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions and do a make.
> Now I am able to choose the extensions, but nothing else happens. The
> options I chose are written to a config file.
> The only way to get the extensions back is to type 'make install' in
> /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions, which installs the extensions,

The canonical way to install a port is make && make install, nothing wrong
about that (make clean before and after is good practice, too).

> There's also a problem with the php4-ldap, which forces the openldap22
> port on you. I am fine with the openldap21 port, the openldap22 port
> breaks things for me.

openldap22 has been recently made the default openldap port ports-wide, two
HEADS UP messages were sent to this mailing lists beforehand. There's also an
entry in UPDATING.

> I fixed this by changing USE_OPENLDAP= yes to
> USE_OPENLDAP21= yes in the Makefile.ext of the php4 port.

See UPDATING for the correct way to keep openldap 2.1 as the ports default.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org