portsdb failure

Joey Mingrone joey at mingrone.org
Sat Jul 17 09:09:55 PDT 2004

On July 17, 2004 02:47, epilogue wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 01:16:52 -0400
>
> Jason Harmening <gte990t at mail.gatech.edu> wrote:
> > incomplete
> > ===> french/mozilla-flp failed
>
> hello jason,
>
> just because it is a foreign language failure, my first hunch is that you
> have a 'refuse' file lying about, which you have possibly forgotten
> about.
>
> i would recommend trying "find / -name refuse -print" to see if anything
> turns up.  if so, either edit or remove the file, being sure to take into
> account the message below.
>
> > *** Error code 1
> > 1 error

> > Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
> > version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
> > have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
> > not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
> > particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
> > collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^  this is still a fairly recent change and perhaps you
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^  haven't rebuilt your INDEX since it took effect...  (?)
>
> if this isn't the problem, it will probably be cleaned-up within the next
> few hours.  the ports team is pretty sharp, even on a friday night.     ;)
>

> cheers,
> epi

Hey Jason, eip,

I'm seeing the same problem.  ..for about a week or so now.  I've gone as far
as deleting my entire ports tree and deleteting cvsup's bookkeeping directory
with no luck.  My sup file is pretty straightforward.  ..no refuese files.
This particular box is running 4.10-RELEASE.

running: cvsup ports-supfile; portsdb -uU

ports-supfile:
*default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr