FreeBSD Port: jfreechart-0.9.13

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 04:39:44 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 07:28:08PM +0800, Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
> without a java document, a java library is useless.  I have upgraded
> jfreechart to 0.9.16 and add javadoc support.
> Hope somebody can review it and commit it for me.

Nice work.  However, I can see a couple of problems with your patch.

You're building javadocs with one of a number of possible JDKs, and
that has the unfortunate consequence that the plist for the generated
Javadocs is different for different JDK versions.  You're also using
ant(1) to do the build, which overrides the settings obtained by
USE_JAVA=x.y and instead uses whatever the default JDK on the system
is.  (Normally those JDKs will be the same, but not always.)

You can easily solve the pkg-plist problem by use of the PORTDOCS make
variable -- which also has the handy side effect of keeping the
pkg-plist file for the port nice and short.  See the
databases/mysql-connector-java port I maintain for an example.

You can (if you think it's necessary) solve the ant(1) version problem
by:

    ANT=    ${SETENV} JAVA_HOME=${JAVA_HOME} ant

You also need a BUILD_DEPENDS on the devel/apache-ant port.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way