mozilla + java problems

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 21 20:27:37 PST 2004

Hi Joe,

I have two very similar Athlon -CURRENT boxes, both up-to-date as of today,
both running mozilla-gtk2-1.6_1 and jdk-1.4.2p6_1.

The weirdness is that one of the machines won't run java applets in mozilla,
while the other one works great  :-(

The problem box ran java applets just fine with mozilla-gtk2-1.5, but now
gives me a 'java applet notinited' error when trying to view any web page
which uses java.

I can use mozilla to run any of the jdk14 demo applets just fine, but NOT
when I try to view a java web page.  Seems like that may be an important
clue -- but I dunno what it means.

As far as I can tell the two machines are identical -- but obviously I am
missing something important.

Any ideas about how to debug this problem?

Thanks for any clues!