samba-devel and samba-libsmbclient conflict

Timur I. Bakeyev timur at com.bat.ru
Tue Jan 20 11:48:59 PST 2004

As far as you get samba-devel, you wouldn't need samba-libsmbclient at
all. Libsmbclient declared as library dependency in the gnomevfs-extras,
so it'll first check for existence of the library and if it is present,
wouldn't try to install corresponding port.

I can guess(you didn't provide details of your setup) that you have
already installed libsmbclient port and fail to install samba-devel
at the top of it.

In this case portupgrade is the best assistant. Just forcly delete
samba-libsmbclient with 'pkg_delete -f', portinstall samba-devel and run
pkdb -F to fix dependencies. At this point your gnomevfs-extras will
stars to depend from samba-devel instead of libsmbclient.

Hope, that helps.

WBR,
    Timur Bakeyev.