HEADS UP: New bsd.*.mk changes

Dag-ErlingSmørgrav des at des.no
Tue Jan 20 01:39:01 PST 2004

Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> Type: FEATURE
>
> Title: Add new command macros to bsd.port.mk
>
> Affects: bsd.port.mk

> bsd.port.mk: BRANDELF => /usr/bin/brandelf, CPIO => /usr/bin/cpio,
> DIALOG => /usr/bin/dialog, OBJCOPY => /usr/bin/objcopy, PASTE =>
> /usr/bin/paste, PAX => /bin/pax, PRINTF => /usr/bin/printf, SORT =>
> /usr/bin/sort, UNZIP_CMD => /usr/bin/unzip or ${LOCALBASE}/bin/unzip.
>

> PR: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=59058
>
> Submitted by: eik

I actually submitted a patch for CPIO ages ago, along with a few
others which still haven't been committed (see attached patch).  The
perl part of the patch is especially important and should have been
committed before the 5.2-RELEASE package builds.  Perl 5.6.1 is so old
it's nearly useless, and installing a package with a dependency on
Perl 5.6.1 will clobber Perl 5.8.2 without warning if it's installed.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no