follow-up Re: I'm having an awful time updating gdm2 and other ports

Doug Barton DougB at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 6 15:23:16 PST 2004

[ For future reference, there is way too much cross posting here. ]

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Paul Seniura aka UDSD387 wrote:

> Of course one other way of 'fixing' this has come to mind:
> Have FreeBSD install perl-5.8.x as its 'system' instead of 5.6.x.  ;)

There is no more "system" perl in FreeBSD. You can install whatever
version you want on your 5.x system. This is how it should be.

Doug