OPTIONS, LATEST_LINK, and RCng

Scot W. Hetzel hetzelsw at westbend.net
Mon Feb 23 13:06:31 PST 2004

From: "Freddie Cash" <fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca>
> Ah, thank you for explaining it a little better.  The situations above
> makes things much clearer for me.  For now, I'll leave it with the
> old, non-RCng script until I can wrap my head around the whole of RCng
> and rc-subr and how it all works.

Have a look at ports/security/cyrus-sasl/files/saslauthd.sh for a very
simple RCng script.

Also read the man page for rc.subr (4.x install rc_subr port first to read
man page)

For more complex RCng scripts look at the 5.x /etc/rc.d scripts:

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d

HINT: If your program (i.e. amavisd) is written in a language that requires
an interpreter (i.e PERL, python, ...), you will need to set
'command_interpreter' to the location of the interpreter.

Scot