Openoffice 1.1 not building

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Feb 21 12:15:46 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 12:09:17PM +0100, Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > That's completely wrong, USE_GCC is not to be set by the user.
> >
> > Unfortunately for your problem, I think the Openffice maintainers are
> > inactive at the moment (at least, I haven't heard from them in several
> > weeks about an unrelated problem with the ports).
>
> Since we check USE_GCC inside the openoffice port for the correct
> values and set CXX=${CXX} CC=${CC} depending on OS-version, I don't see
> why it is completly wrong.

Because USE_GCC adds a dependency to every port that is built.  If you
set USE_GCC=3.3 and try to build the gcc33 port, what do you think
will happen?  If you set USE_GCC=3.3 and try to build the openoffice
port, but don't yet have gcc3.3 installed, what do you think will
happen?

> Of course I can also rename it to HAVE_GCC or something like this.

User control variables are called WITH_* and WITHOUT_*.  HAVE_ and
USE_ are reserved namespaces.

Kris