FreeBSD Port: teTeX

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 28 10:48:23 PST 2004

Hi,

Hilko Meyer <Hilko.Meyer at gmx.de> wrote
  in <k8p2t0lc5ijg377jaaq6262fvf56avalgn at smtp.compuserve.de>:

H> I've seen the announcement of the first release candidate of teTeX-3.0:
H> ftp://cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/unix/teTeX-beta/ANNOUNCE-2.99.7.20041226
H> Other announcements since march are in the same directory:
H> ftp://cam.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/unix/teTeX-beta/
H>
H> And now want to know, if you are planing to bring this to the ports as
H> teTeX-devel or if you will wait until the release of teTeX-3.0.
H> I'd like to help you, if you need testers for teTeX-3.0.

 Yes, I am planning to add a new port for teTeX-3.0, but it includes
 a lot of changes and affects many other ports, so I think I will actually
 do so after the ports freeze for 4.11R is over.  Probably the old and
 the new one coexist with each other for a while.  Once the new port is
 committed please try it, thanks.