OT - Filter for Thunderbird

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Sun Dec 19 00:29:57 PST 2004

Hi,

Colin J. Raven wrote:
> On Dec 18, Chris launched this into the bitstream:
>
>> Erich Dollansky wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>> If I failed to articulate that - then it's my fault.
>

> I hope I'm understanding...you mean apply a filter to *existing* mail??
> I'm not even sure it's possible in T/Bird.

Mozilla & Co. are receiving all e-mail into an "inbox". The filters are
then applied onto the "inbox". This limits Mozilla & Co. in certain ways.

> For the future though.................

Your idea makes sense in many ways. Take only this mailing list as an
example.

It is not a problem to do this in general, just Mozilla & Co. do not
provide it. I tried recently to setup a filter which also needed access
to other mails.

I have to stick to Mozilla & Co. as I move my mails between FreeBSD and
Windows.

Erich