fetch problem from multimedia/linux-realplayer

clayton rollins crollins666 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 12:56:15 PDT 2004

On Aug. 23, 2004,
      Geraud CONTINSOUZAS <geraud.continsouzas at wanadoo.fr> wrote

>Hi,
>
>On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 04:53, Robert Huff wrote:
> > 	I'm trying to install multimedia/linux-realplayer, which starts
> > with:
> >
> > ** Port marked as IGNORE: multimedia/linux-realplayer:
> >         may not be automatically fetched due to licensing
> > restrictions.  You MUST manually fetch the Linux RPM version after
> > reading and agreeing to the license at:
> > http://forms.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html - once
> > rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm rv9_libc6_i386_cs2.tgz:update has
> > been downloaded, move it to /usr/ ports/distfiles and then restart
> > this build.
> >
> > 	So I go to that URL, which re-directs me to:
> >
> > http://www.real.com/linux/
> >
> > 	From there, [Download RPM package] offers
> > "RealPlayer10Gold.rpm" - not what I'm looking for.  Am I just being
> > dense, or are the instructions insufficient?
> >

>Seems that Real removed this file. I got stuck with the same problem a
>couple of days ago. I tried to get the file from googlification but only
>found some customized 404 pages or some old version version of the file
>(prior to the 2004.07.28 distinfo update). Finally, I had to beg a
>friend to look into his distfiles dir to get me the right version.
>
>Anyway, my mplayer still segfaults at start on my -CURRENT, but that's
>another story.
>
>Regards,
>
>G.

Found the files yesterday on:
http://forms.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html

(Note: the file,rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm, is not directly linked to,
instead linking to rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs1_rpm. Copy the link text
and request the file rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm directly. (It was
on the server I used yesterday, though no link to it.) The codecs .tgz is
found on the main page.)

You'll also run into a failed md5 for the codecs package. My googling
on it seems to indicate that the md5 is valid. You could edit distinfo
to reflect this, or not, depending on how paranoid you like to be. :)

On a side note, you could try to use the port proposed here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2004-August/015401.html
(Helix is an open source realplayer...)

Best regards,
Clayton