error building ports index

Ted Brenner theo_brenner at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 10:21:07 PDT 2004

--- Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at people.tecnik93.com>
wrote:

> [ top-posting detected ;-( -- it's hard to read  --
> content reordered logically]
>
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:51:49 -0700 (PDT)
> Ted Brenner <theo_brenner at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > --- Volker Stolz
> <stolz at i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
> > wrote:

> build my

> INDEX.tmp
> > > -
> > > dependency

> > > Please update your ports-tree to the latest
> version
> > > (where pymol is at 0.93)
> > > and try again. Maybe your tree is in an
> inconsistent
> > > state for some reason.
> >
> > I was looking on the Freebsd web site in their
> ports
> > index and it show pymol as 0.93 for 4.10-RELEASE
> but
> > 0.82_3 for 4.8-RELEASE which I have.  Does this
> mean I
> > have to upgrade my whole system to 4.10-RELEASE
> for my
> > ports index to work?
>
> NO. There is one and only Ports Collection. That's
> what tag=. say
>
> Maybe cvsup12. is stalled ? Have you tried another
> host ?

Yes, I tried cvsup2. and it yielded the same result.
It is odd though, if you look on
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html and search for
pymol it brings up 0.93 but if you refine the search
for 4.8-RELEASE it gives you 0.82_3.  Why would the
web page specify two different ports for the different
RELEASES of FreeBSD?