[dspam-users] thanks for dspam, my experiences on FreeBSD, suggestions

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Thu Apr 29 15:34:11 PDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:21:42 -0700
Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

[..]

> 		For people with little mysql || database bg,
> 		I hope your future doc will be more tutorial-like.
> 		e.g:
>
> mysql -u root -p
> Enter password:
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 4.XY.ZA
>
> Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.
>
> mysql> create database dspamdb;
> Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> grant all on dspamdb.* to dspamdb_user at localhost identified by 'foo234';

grant insert, delete, update on dspamdb.* to dspamdb_user at localhost identified by 'foo234';

> mysql> quit

# mysqladmin -uroot -p flush-privileges

# mysql -Ddspamdb -uroot -p < \
/usr/local/share/examples/dspam/mysql_objects.sql.speed.optimized

 (and since you won't find for now mysql_objects.sql.speed.optimized
there, od a make extract in mail/dspam and run the above with
/usr/local/ports/mail/dspam/work/dpsam-2.10.3/tools.mysq_drv/mysql_objects.sql.speed.optimized)

edit your my.cnf and put "myisam-recover" in the [mysqld] section.

Put in /usr/local/etc/dspam/mysql.data :
/tmp/mysql.sock

dspam
foo1234
dspamdb

You're done.

Something like this ?

> > > 	Re a -devel port, my experience with most of the devel suites
> > > 	is that they are risky (to put it politely:).  I would advise
> > > 	anybody who installs a -devel port of anything to have the
> > > 	stable/tested port around....
> >
> > Agree. For example the 3.x showed, where dspam has been rewrote, showed
> > some regressions.
> >
> > But since all new features are added on the devel branch and some people
> > could make good use of them, this -devel port will help them. And it
> > would give a chance for changes to be easily tested on FreeBSD before
> > they are in the stable release. The bug in my PR is happening only on
> > FreeBSD (it seems that our strsep(3) slightly differs from those on some
> > linux, despite the their claim that it is from bsd).
> >
> 	Have you ever checked our Lars Wirzenius' publib string
> 	functions?  When I've stubbed my toe on Unix-compat problems
> 	as you'rehaving wth strsep(), I've resolved the issue by
> 	including the function (from wherever) in my code. Putting
> 	the FBSD strsep() code in there --- or something equally
> 	fuctional from publib --- might work.  Just a thought.

Thanks.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"