input method for Vietnamese

Nguyen Tam Chinh chinhngt at sectorb.msk.ru
Thu Apr 8 14:47:21 PDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Roman Neuhauser wrote:

> # chinhngt at sectorb.msk.ru / 2004-04-04 22:13:00 +0400:
> > What's the status of x-unikey? I've just successful made xvnkb 0.2.8 to
> > work in my KDE3.2/FreeBSD 4.9 after writting a patch. xvnkb is another
> > vietnamese input method with a nice GUI menu. I can now write in
> > vietnamese smoothly with emacs and kde applications. Though, some features
> > still can not work: hotkey to turn on/off input regime, set font for
> > menu+interface. Another thing is that, I must change locale to *.UTF-8,
> > and in this regime, I can not input russian correctly.
> > I'd like to test in a -current, if all is okay, I'll send-pr to ask for a
> > new port of xvnkb :)
>
>     What did you do to make it load the library?

Have you try export LD_PRELOAD? Though x-unikey claim that it will
automatically load the lib (in linux It does), but may be we must suck the
source to find out how it does in FreeBSD.

Hmm, I'm talking about another program called xvnkb (not x-unikey). The
code of xvnkb is very small (70kb) and written clearly for *nix. The
x-unikey, in my opinion, is just a port for linux of its windows program,
so the source code is big and not *nix-natural.
I sent-pr for xvnkb, built packages, which are available here:
http://chinhngt.hotmail.ru/os/freebsd/packages/xvnkb/.
Next week, I'll turn back with the x-unikey, but it seems that I can't do
much.

-----
With best regards,		|		The Power to Serve
Nguyen Tam Chinh		|     	      	http://www.FreeBSD.org