Problems with USE_AUTOMAKE_VER variable

Kirill Ponomarew krion at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 4 00:41:08 PST 2004

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 04:29:56AM -0400, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> That's fine, and I understand that such infrastructural work needs to
> be done.  But would it kill you guys to send an e-mail to the port maintainer
> telling them what commits you are doing?  It may not seem like
> much to you, but I would consider it common courtesy.  I've
> worked with kuriyama@ and lev@ on the apr port, and they have been
> very good at giving me the heads up on minor changes that they have done.
> I consider the commits done by ade@ and krion@ to be in poor taste...
> if they gave me the heads up, maybe I could have helped.

Hallo ? Could you please explain why my commit were done in
poor taste ? Did I break your port ? Did I change any function
of your port ?

Please subscribe to freshports.org and insert your port to
"Watch List", in this case you'll be always notified about
changes to the ports you maintain.

> I'm going to have to undo some of these changes, and remove one
> of ade@'s patches.  It looks like these autoconf macro changes
> have not been fully tested, so I am quite disappointed that these commits
> have gone in without anyone telling me about them.  I don't have a commit bit,
> so I can't arbitrarily commit things.

Already send-pr(1) ?

-Kirill