astro/luna mysterious extract/patch problem

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at chello.cz
Thu Apr 1 00:58:43 PST 2004

Running either of these commands in /usr/ports

find . -type d -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 ! -name CVS |
grep -vE '^\./[[:upper:]].*' |
while read d; do
    (cd $d; echo "&&&&&& $d &&&&&&";
     rm -rf work; make configure; rm -rf work)
done >| make.configure-astro 2>&1

find astro -type d -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 ! -name CVS |
grep -vE '^\./[[:upper:]].*' |
while read d; do
    (cd $d; echo "&&&&&& $d &&&&&&";
     rm -rf work; make configure; rm -rf work)
done >| make.configure-astro 2>&1

has led to

&&&&&& /usr/ports/astro/luna &&&&&&
===>  Vulnerability check disabled
===>  Extracting for luna-1.9
>> Checksum OK for luna19s.lzh.
===>   luna-1.9 depends on executable: lha - found
===>  Patching for luna-1.9
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for luna-1.9
File to patch:

Contents of /usr/ports/astro/luna at that time gives:

find astro/luna \( -name CVS -a -prune \) -o -print
astro/luna/Makefile
astro/luna/distinfo
astro/luna/pkg-descr
astro/luna/files
astro/luna/files/patch-ab
astro/luna/files/patch-ac
astro/luna/files/patch-ae
astro/luna/files/patch-af
astro/luna/files/patch-ag
astro/luna/files/patch-iprintf-iprintf.c
astro/luna/files/patch-iprintf-isprintf.c
astro/luna/work
astro/luna/work/.extract_done.luna-1.9._usr_local

I cannot reproduce the problem with simple

cd astro/luna
make clean configure

typed into an xterm. What's up?