FreeBSD Port: smartmontools-5.26_1

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at chello.cz
Thu Apr 1 01:49:02 PST 2004

# ahze at ahze.net / 2004-04-01 00:33:57 -0500:

> On Apr 1, 2004, at 12:15 AM, Aaron Jacobs wrote:
>
> >Hello, I see you are the maintainer of the smartmontools port for
> >FreeBSD.  It's sort of a stupid issue, but I wanted to let you know
> >that as packaged the smartd.sh.sample script installed in
> >/usr/local/etc/rc.d/ doesn't work on boot-up.  You need to add the
> >path to the smartd executable in front of the command or the system
> >cannot find it during boot time.  Perhaps it would be good to add a
> >prefix variable to the script?
>
> did you read pkg-message ?

    did you read what the OP wrote? the rc script contains

    elif uname -a | grep FreeBSD > /dev/null 2>&1 ; then

        PID_FILE=/var/run/smartd.pid

        case "$1" in
        start)
            smartd -p $PID_FILE
            echo -n "smartd "
            ;;

    and smartd is *not* in the path.

    Aaron, can you file a PR upstream? This bug should be reported to
    smartmontools-support at lists.sourceforge.net.