QT ports requiring gcc3

bremner at unb.ca bremner at unb.ca
Sat Sep 27 13:00:25 PDT 2003

I am attempting to update the ipe port to version 6. But two things
are new:

	It seems to require gcc 3.x to compile (I am using 3.3. I have
	not tested 3.1 and 3.2)

	It uses QT

I saw a previous discussion that said that there is essentially nothing to
be done other than compile the qt libraries with gcc3. Leaving aside
what a nightmare this is for a port, is there even a way to specify
this dependancy in the ports system?  Is the short answer that is
not worth the effort to make a port on FreeBSD 4.8 for qt applications
that require gcc 3?

Wanting to the right thing,

db