sendmail 8.12.10 help needed..

Dirk Meyer dirk.meyer at dinoex.sub.org
Sat Sep 20 10:35:12 PDT 2003

Hi Arty,

> I'm running apache13-modssl with php as web server. And sendmail builds fine
> if I've stop it before "make" command. If it's running sendmail gives same
> error.

looks like your shared memory is low, but I can successfully build
is with apache13-modssl running ..

The build checks may fail, but sendmail needs not much shared memory,
so the compiled version should work.

> Is that means allocated SHM is not enough for both?

check with "ipcs" maybe some module have a memory leak.

# ipcs
Message Queues:
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP

Shared Memory:
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP
m  65536    5432001 --rw-------    pgsql    pgsql

Semaphores:
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP
s  65536    5432001 --rw-------    pgsql    pgsql
s  65537    5432002 --rw-------    pgsql    pgsql
s  65538    5432003 --rw-------    pgsql    pgsql

my apache13-modssl with mod_php4 doen claim any shared memory at all.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer at dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer at guug.de],[dinoex at FreeBSD.org]