REMINDER: Ports freeze starts tomorrow!

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 10 16:22:41 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 10, 2003, at 16:17 US/Pacific, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:

> They are not a great improvement, but at least we can
> use autoconf 2.5.7 in a portable way and libtool 1.3
> is installing libraries correctly.

Something (I forget what) broke rather badly with one or other of the
patches, possibly an artefact of something else in
/src/ports-i-love-libtool/* on my devel box.

I've been stuck in $REALJOB hell for a while, so haven't really had a
chance to track down what went wrong, but I'm kinda worried about
putting those patches in before 4.9, when the whole lot is in the
process of a getting a major facelift (COMPONENTS="..." and
bsd.components.mk -- from an irc conversation a while back).

If there's time, and portmgr@ is willing to commit to a 4-exp build
with just those two patches in to see what breaks, then go for it...

-aDe