${INSTALL_COOKIE} and shared /usr/ports

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at bellavista.cz
Thu Sep 4 19:33:21 PDT 2003

Could ${INSTALL_COOKIE} include the hostname? If you do make install on
one box, and then want to install the port on another one that has the
/usr/ports tree nfs-mounted, it'll report that the port is already
installed. This is problematic with ports that have lots of runtime
dependencies, and I had recently quite some of this fun (finding all the
p5-* ports that needed to have the install cookie removed: my /usr/ports
is quite messy) with amavisd-new that I built and installed on one
system and then wanted to install it on another.