Downloading a successful INDEX build rtp via freefall?

Sean Chittenden sean at chittenden.org
Mon Oct 27 13:33:12 PST 2003

> > I know the rtp cluster doesn't have much bandwidth and would be
> > ill-suited to the task, but would it be possible for someone
> > (kris?)  to rsync/scp successful INDEX builds to freefall or
> > bento?  Replicating a successful INDEX seems like a novel idea as
> > I'm attributing my last three laptop HDD deaths to nightly INDEX
> > builds (now less than 3mo apart).  :) -sc
>
> Successful INDEX builds can always be found on bento.  For example,
> if you wanted the latest successful -CURRENT INDEX build, you can
> get it from /var/portbuild/i386/5/ports on bento (substitute the
> most recently built architecture for i386).  You'll want to get the
> INDEX before the build finishes to be sure to get the full,
> un-pruned INDEX.

No chance of having the build script for bento place a completed INDEX
someplace that can be trusted in the event that an INDEX build is
partially complete?  With the frequency of INDEX builds on bento or
rtp, this seems like a distinct possibility.  Also, would you object
if I scp'ed a INDEX onto freefall for hosting there?  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden