GNU packages and gettext

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Sun Oct 26 06:38:27 PST 2003

> I just used good old `find' and `grep' to look for more ports that
> install one or both of `charset.alias' and `locale.alias'.
>
> My result is, that there are still very few cases that need further
> investigation. I'll see that I can handle then soon.

Done.

The only port that was left to be my well-known libiconv/libintl patch
was mail/sqwebmail (PR ports/58568).

Now, there are the following ports with `charset.alias' and/or
`locale.alias' left:

It is obvious that the *iconv* ports have to install `charset.alias*'.
AFAICS nothing needs to be done with these:

./converters/iconv/pkg-plist:share/iconv/charset.aliases
./converters/iconv-extra/pkg-plist:@unexec sed '/^# BEGIN iconv-extra$/,/^# END iconv-extra$/d' %B/charset.aliases > %B/charset.aliases.new && mv -f %B/charset.aliases.new %B/charset.aliases
./converters/iconv-rfc1345/pkg-plist:@unexec sed '/^# BEGIN iconv-rfc1345$/,/^# END iconv-rfc1345$/d' %B/charset.aliases > %B/charset.aliases.new && mv -f %B/charset.aliases.new %B/charset.aliases
./converters/libiconv/pkg-plist:libdata/charset.alias

Same thing applies for `locale.alias' and gettext:
./devel/gettext/pkg-plist:share/gettext/intl/locale.alias
./devel/gettext/pkg-plist:share/locale/locale.alias

gdm2's locale.alias claims to be some workaround, so I guess this one is
fine, too:
./x11/gdm2/pkg-plist:etc/gdm/locale.alias

Finally, XFree: I can't comment on that, but I guess these are alright:
./x11/XFree86/pkg-plist:lib/X11/locale/locale.alias
./x11/XFree86-4-libraries/pkg-plist:lib/X11/locale/locale.alias

by my PRs. In order to prevent ports from building their private version
of gettext, some sort of automatic detection should be introduced
(either portlint or portconflicts).

Cheers,
 Simon