ports that should use CONFLICTS

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Oct 9 22:54:54 PDT 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:26:09 +0200, Oliver Eikemeier
<eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> now that we have support for CONFLICTS checking, it is time to actually
> use it.
> I planned to make this my next mega-PR, but in the current form it is to
> bulky.
> Perhaps Kato-san will whip up a few patches :-) The work isn't finished
> yet,
> but I thought it might be of interest.
>
> Basically you have the maintainer, a list of ports with conflicts (with
> a sample
> conflicting file) and a suggested CONFLICTS line (which may be stupid,
> because
> the current algorithm is not very smart).
>
> Perhaps I rewrite the script to work on packages and/or produce linked
> html
> pages. In any case, there are a few surprises in the list:

<snip>
> mezz7 at cox.net
> - www/linux-opera conflicts with www/opera
>   common files: bin/opera
>   CONFLICTS= opera-7.21.*
<snip>

Umm, ok... I will wait for the 7.21 released[1] and I will try to make the
change from bin/opera to bin/linux-opera (include ~/.linux-opera and
share/linux-opera/).. So, can you get the www/linux-opera and www/opera
out of your mega-PR? If you have any suggest, just let me know.

[1] 7.21 should be release sometime soon like one to two week(s) or even
by tomorrow; it's depend.

Cheers,
Mezz

--