FreeBSD Port: mod_php4-4.3.3.r1

Mo mo at qubix.ca
Wed Oct 1 18:58:29 PDT 2003

I received this error after compiling mod_php4 with the additional
options of gettext and openssl (the defaults were left checked).

# apachectl start
Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so: Undefined symbol "X509_free"
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

It's definetly a problem with openssl, because when compiled without it,
it loads with apache just fine.  I'm using apache 1.3.28 (the latest
version of the port) and FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT as of  Sept. 28, 2003.  And
my ports are up to date as of 9:55 PM EST (Oct. 1, 2003).   Any
update/assistance to fixing this would be appreciated.

Thanks