apache13-fp

Scot W. Hetzel hetzelsw at westbend.net
Sat Nov 22 18:49:39 PST 2003

From: "Roger" <gpc-tech at monarch.net>
> Other than ...... this issue I have attempting to install apache13-fp
port, no matter
> what we try we cannot get it to work and I have spent a LOT of time
searching for
> answers and now even taken the time to sign up for this mailing list, he
suggests the
> problem is right within mod_frontpage.c itself, I tend to agree with him,
however I
> cannot figure it out by myself, and I've seen many reports that the
author's email is
> no longer even working, I dont have my notes here at work on the issues
but it
> generally seems to be files not copied where they are supposed to go, or a
link not
> allowing it to look in the right place for them.

There is no problem with the mod_frontpage.c code.

There could be a couple of problems with your installation:

1. You had another apache port installed before installing the apache13-fp
port.

   a. edit the httpd.conf file and make sure that the frontpage module is
listed in the LoadModule/AddModule sections.

    b. Change the AllowOverride setting from None to AuthConfig Limit
Indexes Options for the default web.  Then run
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/fp_install.sh.

2. Your trying to start the server with apachectl instead of
etc/rc.d/apache.sh.  The httpd-error.log will have a message saying that
this key file wasn't found and that the module was disabled.

    The frontpage extentions needs a security key to be generated, the
apache.sh script is used to regenerate this key each time the server is
started.

What problems are you having with the port?

Scot