apache13-fp

Roger gpc-tech at monarch.net
Sat Nov 22 11:00:27 PST 2003

I'm a newbie when it comes to FreeBSD, however I do have access to a friend that has been using it for quite some time and is very knowledgeable as I have yet to find a question that he cannot answer, or at least point me in the right direction.

Other than ...... this issue I have attempting to install apache13-fp port, no matter what we try we cannot get it to work and I have spent a LOT of time searching for answers and now even taken the time to sign up for this mailing list, he suggests the problem is right within mod_frontpage.c itself, I tend to agree with him, however I cannot figure it out by myself, and I've seen many reports that the author's email is no longer even working, I dont have my notes here at work on the issues but it generally seems to be files not copied where they are supposed to go, or a link not allowing it to look in the right place for them.

I could get much more in detail about this if someone was willing to help me out, at this point if someone knows of certain issues and ways to fix them I would appreciate it, even links on reading material would be great.

Go ahead and flame away about front page extesions if you must, I have my own reasons for wanting to use them, and I've had so  much problems trying to get them installed I've almost made this into something personal ;)

Thanks to anyone taking a few minutes to give me a hand if they can.

Roger