changes to the original source...

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Thu Jun 12 12:52:31 PDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:36:22 -0400
Paul Chvostek <paul+fbsd at it.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 09:20:09PM +0200, Clement Laforet wrote:
> >
> > > Also, if the application's man page fails to include gobs of
> > > useful information and examples that are available via www, what's
> > > the best way to grab content for inclusion in
> > > $PREFIX/share/doc/$PKGNAME ?  Should I just punt with fetch, or is
> > > there another preferred way to grab additional files to add to
> > > $DOCSDIR?
> > DISTFILES=      ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}${EXTRACT_SUFX}
> > .if !defined(NOPORTDOCS)
> > DISTFILES+=     foo-doc.tar.gz
> > .endif
>
> Perhaps I should have been more specific.  The default DISTNAME works
> fine for source tarball, but the extra documentation is from a URL
> that reside outside the directory specified by $MASTER_SITES, i.e. the
> source is at
> http://somehost/${PORTNAME}/${PORTNAME}.${PORTVERSION}.tar.gz but the
> extra documentation is at http://somehost/${PORTNAME}.html.  Should I
> shrink MASTER_SITES to "http://somehost/" and make DISTFILES include a
> directory for what needs it?  That seems wrong....

I understand :) you can do this (see below) :)
IMHO, I prefer "checksum'd" docs :)
Obviously, "daily changing" documentations can't be reasonnably
"checksum'ed", but I don't think is a good idea to install them with the
port :)

Here 's my small example:
PORTNAME=       suphp
PORTVERSION=    0.2.3
CATEGORIES=     www
DISTFILES=      ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}${EXTRACT_SUFX}:0
MASTER_SITES=   http://www.suphp.org/download/:0
.if !defined(NOPORTDOCS)
DISTFILES+=     suphp-fr-doc-0.2.3.tar.gz:1
MASTER_SITES+=  http://www.cultdeadsheep.org/sheepkiller/:1
.endif

> It's actually looking as if post-extract: would be the best place for
> a fetch (it's the first target after $WRKSRC is created).  But if
> there's a "right" way to include the file in DISTFILES, I'll do that
> instead.
>
> > do-install:
> > .if !defined(NOPORTDOCS)
> > 	@${MKDIR} ${DOCSDIR}