changes to the original source...

Paul Chvostek paul+fbsd at it.ca
Thu Jun 12 14:26:16 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 09:52:45PM +0200, Clement Laforet wrote:

> I understand :) you can do this (see below) :)
> IMHO, I prefer "checksum'd" docs :)
> Obviously, "daily changing" documentations can't be reasonnably
> "checksum'ed", but I don't think is a good idea to install them with the
> port :)
>
> DISTFILES=      ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}${EXTRACT_SUFX}:0
> MASTER_SITES=   http://www.suphp.org/download/:0
> .if !defined(NOPORTDOCS)
> DISTFILES+=     suphp-fr-doc-0.2.3.tar.gz:1
> MASTER_SITES+=  http://www.cultdeadsheep.org/sheepkiller/:1
> .endif

I didn't know about the :n suffixes.  :-)  Only one gotcha with it --
portlint barfs on most of what's there now.  The following is FATAL:

    FATAL: MASTER_SITES appears out-of-order.
    FATAL: URL "http://hostname/foobar/:0" should end with "/".
    FATAL: extra item "EXTRACT_ONLY" placed in the MAINTAINER section.
    FATAL: extra item "MASTER_SITES" placed in the MAINTAINER section.
    FATAL: extra item "DISTFILES" placed in the MAINTAINER section.

It works fine with make -- portlint is failing either because it
implements obsolete policies, or imlements proper policies incompletely.

Doing things this way also makes the Makefile quite a bit longer.  I've
set $EXTRACT_ONLY because the HTML file is not compressed.  If the
portlint errors are safe to ignore, is there a benefit to this method
aside from the checksum on the HTML file?

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul at it.ca>
  Operations / Abuse / Whatever