xawtv, ioctl_bt848 header and bento

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Jun 9 21:00:10 PDT 2003

On Monday 09 June 2003 10:21 pm, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > Thats why I put
> >
> > .if !exists(/usr/include/machine/ioctl_bt848.h)
> > BROKEN=		No ioctl_bt848.h on this architecture
> > .endif
> >
> > into the Makefile. But as the actuall bento log
> > (http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/alpha-4-latest/xawtv-3.88.log) shows
> > me, the port still does not "broke" in the right way. I tried it for my
> > self on a 4/alpha system and I got what I expected to get:

IMHO those 3 lines should be replaced by:

NOT_FOR_ARCHS=   alpha

which should do exactly what you want (i.e., not generate
bogus error reports).

There are several Makefiles that still attempt to use various
logic to decide whether they are BROKEN or not.  In general
the cleverness gets in the way.

mcl