New mod_php4 problem

Thierry Thomas thierry at pompo.net
Mon Jun 9 12:37:30 PDT 2003

Le Lun  9 jui 03 à 21:05:31 +0200, Chris Byrnes <chris at JEAH.net>
 écrivait :
> Didn't notice that my company's webmail system (PHP-driven) just completely
> stopped working until I got an e-mail this morning (2 days later).  It says:
> "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_start() in
> /usr/home/www/webmail/functions.php on line 7" and that's it.

Have you enabled sessions ? (WITH_SESSION) It is enabled by default (see
lang/php4/pkg-message), but you may have disabled it by accident. It's
possible to check your options with a phpinfo(); it will list your
"Configure Command", and you should find '--enable-session' and then a
special block for sessions with
Session Support 	enabled
Registered save handlers 	files user

If not, consider rebuilding your port.