New mod_php4 problem

Chris Byrnes chris at JEAH.net
Mon Jun 9 12:05:34 PDT 2003

I have e-mailed two people personally, so I apologize to them for the
re-send, but I'm sorta in a crisis here with complaining customers, etc.  I
really appreciate any help anyone can offer.

The other day I saw that the mod_php4 port had an update, so, like always, I
went to do the update.  I noticed it was really wierd compared to what I'm
used to going through to install mod_php4..

But I went through the process and except for the oddities in the menu
options (and the required install of 'bison'), all seemed fine..

Didn't notice that my company's webmail system (PHP-driven) just completely
stopped working until I got an e-mail this morning (2 days later).  It says:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_start() in
/usr/home/www/webmail/functions.php on line 7" and that's it.

What is this new mod_php4 and why would installing it not have given the
necessary beef for the webmail system to function?  Nothing has changed in
the webmail system at _all_.

Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.. thank you for your
assistance.

Chris