suggest add WITH_* defines in www/linux-flashplugin6

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Jul 9 14:24:45 PDT 2003

Hello Brandon,

I think, it's good idea to add WITH_* defines in the www/linux-flashplugin6
to allow different browsers user to choice which browsers they use.
Current, it's only for linux-mozilla and this plugin works very well with
linux-opera as well. Perhaps, something automatic that can detivce what
browser they use and install it?

Something like this:

Manual:
==========================
+.if defined(WITH_MOZILLA)  # or WITH_LINUXMOZILLA?
PLUGINSDIR=	lib/linux-mozilla/plugins
+.endif
+
+.if defined(WITH_OPERA)  # or WITH_LINUXOPERA?
+USE_X_PREFIX=	yes
+PLUGINSDIR=	share/opera/plugins
+.endif
+
LIBFILES=	libflashplayer.so flashplayer.xpt

PLIST_SUB=	PLUGINSDIR="${PLUGINSDIR}"
==========================

OR

Automatic:
==========================
+.if exists(${LOCALBASE}/lib/linux-mozilla/plugins)
PLUGINSDIR=	lib/linux-mozilla/plugins
+.endif
+
+.if exists(${X11BASE}/share/opera/plugins)
+USE_X_PREFIX=	yes
+PLUGINSDIR=	share/opera/plugins
+.endif
+
LIBFILES=	libflashplayer.so flashplayer.xpt

PLIST_SUB=	PLUGINSDIR="${PLUGINSDIR}"

Note: I know that I didn't add PLIST_SUB; it's just some examples.

Whatever what/how method you think it's best.. If you are busy, please let
me know and I am willing to create the patch, then send it to PR.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.